Frequently Asked Questions
What is Swych?
Swych is a mobile gift card mall that lets you instantly send friends and family gift cards that can be redeemed or swyched for another retailer, keeps all your gift cards in one place, and help you earn rewards with every purchase.
You can learn more on our website.
What countries does Swych work in?
Swych is only available in the United States.
Does it cost money to download the Swych app?
No. Everything about Swych is absolutely FREE!
What forms of payment do you accept?
We gladly accept:
- Apple Pay
- Google Play
- Amazon Pay
- Pay with Crypto
How do I download the Swych mobile app?
We have Swych apps for iPhone and Android.
For iPhone users: You can install the Swych app from the App Store.
For Android users: You can install the Swych app from Google Play.
What if my app freezes?
If the app is acting up we recommend force closing it and opening it again! Sometimes it just needs a refresh.
- Open the Swych app on your mobile device
- Tap Account > Settings
- Click on Change Password
- Enter the old (current) password then the new password
- Don’t forget to save!
- Check your spam or junk mail folder in your email account
- Try resetting your password again
- Make sure you're not blocking email traffic coming from Swych
- If you paid with PayPal — We refund the full purchase amount back to your PayPal account.
- If you paid with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Amazon Pay— Your order is canceled and the purchase amount should be reversed. This action is immediate on our part, but may take up to 7 days for your bank to reflect on your statement. (If it is not refunded within 7 days, please contact your financial institution. They should be able to help.)
- You violated our Terms of Sale or Terms of Service
- You opened multiple Swych accounts
- We are unable to confirm your identity
- You're connecting through an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off any of these services and try again
- We are unable to match the information you provided with your payment institution
- You have continued prohibited behavior after receiving a warning or multiple warnings
- You are located outside the United States. Swych is only available to residents living in the U.S.
- Adding a mobile number to your account
- Connecting a social media account to your Swych account
- Trying purchasing the gift card with a different payment method
- Turning off any ad blocking software
- Waiting 24 hours and try your purchase again
- Log in to your Swych account on your mobile device
- Select My Cards
- Tap on the gift card and then tap on the card again to display the gift code. Displaying the code is the same as scratching off the silver foil or removing the sticker on a plastic gift card and can only be seen if you've claimed the gift card. If you’ve claimed the gift card, that means you’ve accepted the card and now you can redeem it in stores or online.
From Notifications: When you get a gift card from friends or family through Swych you will receive a notification letting you know. Simply tap "OK" on the screen and the card details screen will automatically open. Swipe left and right to view recommended cards you can swych to. If you would like to see the full list simply tap on the MORE CARDS button and scroll through the list or start typing the brand or retailer you prefer. Once you have a new gift card selected tap "Swych" and you card will be ready for use in store and online right from your phone. Please note that cards can only be swyched once.
From My Cards: Select the card you would like to Swych to view the card details page. Swipe left and right to view recommended cards you can swych to. If you would like to see the full list simply tap on the Search icon and scroll through the list or start typing the brand or retailer you prefer. Once you have a new gift card selected tap "Swych" and you card will be ready for use in-store and online right from your phone. Please note that cards can only be swyched once.
At Checkout: Select the card(s) you would like to purchase and the amounts and hit next. Then select Swychable Card on that same screen to apply any available, swychable card. Cards can only be swyched directly if they are for an equal value. If you are swyching to a card of a higher value, you will be directed to select a payment method for the difference using any available payment method within the Swych app.Can I Swych Cards that I have saved? Yes! Simply select the gift card that you would like to swych to view the card details. On the card details screen simply swipe left or right to view alternative gift cards available, or swipe right and tap More to see the full list, or use the search icon to enter in a specific brand or retailer. Once you have selected the new gift card that you would like to use tap "Swych." Once card are swyched they are ready for use, automatically issued, and cannot be swyched again. Can I Swych Cards that I uploaded? Currently only card received through Swych that have not yet been issued for redemption can be swyched. However, this feature is coming, please stay tuned! Can I Swych Cards that I have already issued or redeemed? Currently only cards received through Swych that have not yet been issued for redemption can be swyched. However, this feature is coming, please stay tuned! Can I Swych Cards that I have already swyched? Currently only cards received through Swych that have not yet been issued for redemption can be swyched.
- In the Swych app, click the sort icon from the upper right
- From the list, select how you would like the gift cards sorted
- Select the gift card retailer and denomination that pertains to the promotion
- On the Select Amount page, enter the promotion code in the promo code box and tap Apply
- Proceed to the checkout page and enter your payment information
- The discount will be applied at checkout
- Open the Swych app.
- In iOS, tap the Gift icon at the bottom of the screen; in Android, tap Send at the top of the screen.
- Select your contact from your contact list, or tap "+" and enter your recipient's info, and select their mobile number to proceed.
- Select the gift card you would like to send
- Choose your card value, and personalize your gift with any messages you would like to include and then tap the Next button.
- Complete the checkout process.
- Congrats! You just sent a great gift!
- Click on the order History in the app menu
- Scroll through the list to see transaction details and the status of your gift.
- How do I redeem a gift card in-store?
- Open Swych
- Tap MY CARDS at the bottom of the iOS screen or at the top of the Android screen.
- Tap the gift card you would like to redeem.
- On the details screen of the card, tap the card again and show the cashier the barcode so they can scan it. If there is no barcode, or the barcode is not scanning correctly, ask the cashier to manually type in the gift card number plus any additional PIN, access, or event code.
- Open the Swych app
- Tap Buy or Send (and choose a recipient)
- Select the gift card you woud like to purchase
- Select the amount
- Tap Reward Points
- Select how many points to would like to apply to your purchase. Swych Points equal to the dollar value will be deducted from your purchase.
- Select the card you would like to use from My Cards
- Tap the gift card to display the gift code in card details.
- Either write down the gift code and PIN, or copy the gift code onto your clipboard.
- Visit the retailer's website and choose the items you'd like to buy. For example, go to Amazon.com or Best Buy and put the things you want to purchase into your shopping cart.
- When you're ready to check out, type or paste the gift code into the GIFT CARD field, just like you would with a plastic gift card. TIP: Make sure that you remove any spaces from the gift code when you copy it over or type it into the retailer's shopping cart.
- Finish checkout and you're done.
- Ask the cashier to make sure they're entering as a gift card code, not a coupon or promo code.
- If the barcode won't scan, ask the cashier to type in the gift card code by hand.
- Make sure that you remove any spaces from the gift code when you copy it over or type it into the retailer's shopping cart.
- Make sure you are logged in to Swych with the exact same mobile number where the gift card was originally sent.
- If you received your gift card by text message, go back to the message and click the link again.
- In My Cards select the gift card you would like to delete
- Select Archive Card
- How do I redeem a gift card in-store?
- Tap the + icon on the middle right of the app in My Cards on Android, or tap Upload on the bottom right of iOS screen.
- Search for the retailer you want to add.
- Enter the gift card number and PIN with the amount
- Confirm the details and Tap Save Card.
- Select the card that you want to check the balance on
- Select the Refresh button next to the amount on the card
- Select the card you wish to update the balance for
- Tap the refresh icon
- If the balance is unavailable a pop up will appear where you can manually enter the changes.
- Select the gift card and the amount you would like to purchase
- On the summary page, select the button that says Rewards points and apply the amount of points you would like use for the purchase.
- If you are buying a card that has a higher value than the total points being used, you can apply any payment option to complete the remaining amount. Swych Points will then be applied toward your purchase!
- Don't use the same password twice
- Never share your password. You should be the only one who knows it.
- Protect your password. The longer the password the better! Experts say 12 characters minimum
- Log out of Swych when you are not using it
Is my information secure?It's important to us to keep you safe We work hard to protect your identity and your data! You're important to us—we take security very seriously here at Swych. We don't share your information with third parties, and never sell or distribute private information. Our data is encrypted and securely stored using industry best practices. If you're asked to verify your identity Occasionally, we ask our customers to follow an identity verification process. This helps us to prevent unauthorized charges. If you are asked to verify your identity, please understand that we are ensuring that you—and only you—are interacting with Swych. It's no fun, but it helps us to protect your account and keep Swych secure. When you submit your private information to us, all data is transmitted using secure transport with strong cipher suites and stored encrypted using AES256 in a PCI Level 1 compliant environment. All servers, switches, applications and services are monitored continuously to ensure they remain secure.
Can you explain the Unauthorized Charge from Swych on my credit card?Sorry to hear that! Please submit a request and include the following:
- The date the transaction was made
- The last four digits of the credit card that was used